Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Tim Mead Responds

Last week I wrote a retort to what I felt was a fairly obvious hatchet job by Murray Chase of the New York Times. I decided to copy my response to some Angel executives more as a show of support than anything else. When people start piling-0n it can seem endless and while there are not a ton of us out there supporting the name change as a means-to-an-end, we are here. That's what I hoped to get across. Anyway, Tim Mead the Angels' Vice-President of Communications, kindly wrote back the following:
Richard:
Thank you, thank you and thank you. Arte and Bill did in fact see this piece and I know you were able to forward to Bill. I thoroughly enjoyed your efforts. Calling yourself a big supporter might truly be an understatement. I think when one sits back and evaluates the situation with a bit of logic and perhaps common sense, it's not quite so outlandish. You obviously took that time.
Please stay in touch and let me know how things are going from time to time. More importantly, thank you for being such a great fan of both the Angels and baseball.

Tim

8 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Al said...

I wrote Arte Moreno earlier this year, and was stunned to get a reply. Now of course, I'm sure it was actually penned by a subordinate over Moreno's signature, but at least it conveyed the message that my letter was not immediately round-filed.

What's more, the response addressed every one of the points I had made. It was NOT a standard form letter reply ("thank you for your support"). Somebody actually read my letter!

Take a deep breath and picture Michael Eisner ever doing that.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

You are sooo right about Eisner though I hear he will have a lot more time on his hands soon to catch up with all that backlogged e-mail he's ignored for the past ten years.

I like the attitude from the top in the Angels organization right now. They may not be right 100% of the time but I think they are far more effective than any previous ownership.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nutswinger.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I checked it was disney with the championship ring not "genius" Arte.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

Anonamous (at least think up a clever pseudoname if you're going to write something like "nutswinger" on my blog) -- Yes, the brillint folks at Disney who brought you Mo Vaughn won a Championship thanks to a core group of players (Salmon, Anderson, Percival, Erstad) who were there when they bought the team. Disney's first year in control ('97) saw them make one good move in drafting Troy Glaus who was huge for the Angels in '02. I give Disney credit for that. Everything else they did was an unmitigated disaster (cheerleaders, the 'winged halo' logo, changing the name to 'Anaheim Angels'). If you go back and look at the '02 roster you have to wonder how a team won the World Series with a pitching staff led by Appier, Washburn, Ortiz , Sele & Lackey. But tip your cap to Mike Scioscia, not the pinheads at the Mouse House.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site. Check mine out if you can. personal finance investing

1:08 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
yours is a blessing.
Go by and hit my consolidation loan stafford student blog, you'll be glad you did.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Investment Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a investing strategy
site/blog. It pretty much covers investing strategy
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com