Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Awesome Site

Update: I have gotten some e-mails from people who have tried to access Google Earth but when they reach the download page they get this message:

Google Earth downloads temporarily delayed

Thanks for your interest in Google Earth, but we're sorry we can't offer you a download right now. As you know, Google Earth is in beta, and we're still building out our ability to take on new users. We're making good progress, and expect to be able to accept new downloads shortly, so we recommend you check back daily at earth.google.com. We hope to be able to welcome you and other new planet surfers soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Google Earth Team

That sucks. But this is from the people who brought you G-Mail -- the wonderful free e-mail account that you can't get unless you are 'referred' by someone else. Do not fret, everyone will be assimilated by Google in good time...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone with a mild interest in geography the pay site once known as "Keyhole" has been assimilated by corporate giant Google and transmogrified into the now free "Google Earth". You have to download some software on to your PC (sorry Mac guy, they don't have this for you yet) and then you can do "flyovers" from one location to another using high resolution digital satellite pictures. Of course, if you want really high definition you have to pay for Google Earth Pro but the free version is good enough for most people. I flew from my house in Arizona over to Angels Stadium (just plug in 2000 Gene Autry Way, Anaheim, CA) and then hit "Search" and you will fly right to it. Fairly awesome technology while quite frightening at the same time. Now the trendy stalker can invest $400 for Google Earth Pro and watch his ex-girlfriend for hours on end from the conform of his Mom's basement.

It is apparent that the government (or whoever has access to the satellites) can watch what we are doing quite easily from space.

Viva Big Brother.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Erin said...

Did you just DL the stuff today? I just went there and they say since it's still in Beta it's not released to the general public yet. ??

4:19 PM  
Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I was searching for fresh information
for my cc Infopage.

cc Infopage contains 30,000 Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog. I hope you enjoy "Blogging" as much as I do.

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
http://www.infopage.cc

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across you blog and thought you may find this site usefull. It has gas saving tips and where to find cheap gas. travel austria

:)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Richard K said...

Hi, your blog is fantastic! Well done!

I have a hong kong travel site/blog. It pretty much covers hong kong travel related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just visit 3 Marketeers Productions LLC and fill out the short form, you'll be able to unsubscribe anytime

6:44 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Go by and hit my iowa student loan consolidation blog, you'll be glad you did.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com