Thursday, June 30, 2005

Texas Venting Against Angels Young Arms

The Texas Rangers are venting their frustrations (losing, Rogers-Rage, etc) on rookie Ervin Santana this afternoon as they barraged the youngster for 7 runs in just 4 innings. The hitting barrage continued against Joel Peralta who yielded his first earned run since June 5th. He yielded 5 in fact in his one inning of work before Jake Woods took over to allow two more earned runs the following inning. In the bottom of the seventh the score is Texas 16 Angels 3 and Woods is back on the mound to absorb more punishment and give a break to the rest of the Halo bullpen. Woods just surrendered a two-run jack to Hank Blalock and now the third homerun of the day to Kevin Mench! I have to keep retyping this as Texas scores faster than I can get this stupid post entered.

The Angel pitchers have served up gopher balls in a big way as Mark Teixeira joins Mench in having a multi-homer day with two jacks while Soriano and Dellucci and the aforementioned Blalock earlier hit long-balls of their own.

After the Angels lose this game (they now trail 18-3) their lead on Texas will be 6 1/2 games, the same as it was going into the four game series.

The Angels will enjoy a 'soft' portion of their schedule going into the All-Star Break as they face the lowly Royals in KC before returning home against Minnesota and Seattle. After the Break the Halos head to the Twin Cities for a quick 4-game roadie against the Twinks before returning home to face Oakland and the Yankees. They finish the month on the road in Toronto and the Bronx. Should be a very interesting month.

Score Update: Angels get a run on a single by Vlad Guerrero that plates Chone Figgins but the big rally they need is foiled by Josh Paul who hits into a double play. Not quite sure why Paul is now catching and Jose Molina is at first but when it is 18-4 I don't care all that much.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed it. I have a site/blog also you might really enjoy

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching for chicago cubs mlb and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cubs mlb

Dave

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site. Check mine out if you can. investing in bonds

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your miami dolphins shirt blog! Check out my miami dolphins shirt forum for lots of great miami dolphins shirt info.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Goodman441 said...

I'll show you how to earn automatic money online in as little as 15 minutes of downloading this product!

CLICK HERE

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a father day gift site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:46 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
worth the value as yours.
I want you to look for my consolidation loan low rate student blog.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Car Loans Home said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about upside down car loans
that covers upside down car loans
related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Investment Center said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about in investing silver
that covers in investing silver
related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Investment Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering income investing
related stuff. Feel free to visit my income investing
site.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com