Friday, August 19, 2005

Weaver Has Strong Outing for Travs

Jared Weaver may have turned a corner in his preperation for the big leagues on Thursday night. According to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Weaver pitched 6 2/3 strong innings for the Halos Double A affiliate, the Arkansas Travelers. The Travs defeated the Frisco Roughriders (I'm sorry but there is just nothing non-gay about that name) 7-2 as Weaver finished the game with 2 K, 5 H and 4 BB.

Weaver had a tough first inning, surrendering a one-run double and a sac fly but then Weaver "finally found something out in the later innings and everything came together and it worked great". After the first inning the 'Dream' Weaver held the opposition scoreless. So what was this miraculous revelation?
"I think I was trying to be too fine with my pitches, " Weaver said. "today I talked to (Mike Butcher), the pitching rover, and he told me to attack the zone and that's what I did in the second inning and after that everything worked. I was cutting everything off...threw the fastball, threw the slider and everything else."
What? Whatever, so long as it helped him. Weaver had an unforgettable home debut prior to Thursday when Springfield pummelled him 8-4. The Gazette says Weaver then "went on the road where his ERA swelled to 5.68." Also of note, Erick Aybar and Kendry Morales each had 2-run HR's to support Weaver.

I would love to see that team play. I just don't want to have to go to Arkansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com