Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Belated Happy Birthday!


With no fanfare, the Halo Herald quietly celebrated it's first anniversay back on December 29th. I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to stop by for a read every now and then. While I do not receive a ton of feedback, what I have gotten has been very positive. A special shout out to Uncle Al (not my Uncle mind you but a frequent commentor) who wrote a particularly nice comment back in November when I was a bit spotty in my blogging:

Just a quick note to say how much I've enjoyed this website during the past 11 months or so. As I've noticed that your posts over the past couple or three months have gotten fewer and much farther in between, it has occurred to me that one day I might click on the link only to find that Halo Herald is no more. So, better to say my thanks now rather than after it's too late.

Most of us who write about whatever subjects interest us, do it for ourselves. It is our ability to vent frustrations, celebrate triumphs and get some sort of artistic expression 'out there' (Perhaps 'artistic' is not he right work but bear with me). When the real world puts the pressure on and we run short on time, energy or whatever, we rely on feedback for motivation so once again let me say thanks for the kind note Al, and thanks to everyone else.

You may have noticed that I have turned off the comments. It's not that I want to exclude anyone, I just was getting the crap spammed out of me. Some ingenious hackers apparently invented software to plant posts on blogs which were then automatically e-mailed to me. I was getting somewhere around 10 - 30 e-mails a day from these bogus posts and therefore would not read any posts sent to me. The posts would read something like "Hey nice blog. I really enjoyred your comments. If you could please see my blog on NORWEGIAN SEX WEASELS I will be sure to stop by again!" Now I see that Blogger has added some verification process to eliminate this so I will turn the comments back on and see if it works out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous halofan said...

I wanted to get a hold of you for the Halosheaven Angels Top 100 but there was no way to contact you evident on your page.

Happy B-Day!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com